Wednesday 20 February 2013

Fairtex BGV1

They arrived!

So, as I mentioned earlier I had to get a decent pair of gloves that were 14oz. I read a lot of different reviews of different gloves, but apparently there isn't a brand that fits everyone.

Most famous brands are great, especially brands from Thailand. When coming of choosing a pair of gloves there are a lot of things that you have to check, especially what type of gloves you want.
Some want wider and some more compact gloves, soft or hard padding. You focus more on wrist or knuckles support. More or less space in the glove, and loops or straps.

Well, for me I wanted a compact gloves, that I could do also clinch with and I really care of wrist support. However, I didn't check whether all of this fits the BGV1.

I can tell you right away that the glove seems quite broad on the writs and the strap although seems very sturdy, cannot really tighten on the wrist. I am not really happy about it, but I guess I should try them first.

Inside there seems to be enough space, but I have small hands, and with the wraps on the glove get snuggy.

The padding, seems solid and quality looks good at a first impression.

I'm coming from a pair of Londsdale that are very soft and were only 8oz. I don't have experience on other brands, but I will learn some more throughout the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment