Tuesday 26 March 2013

Second Inter Club Fight

I finally fought in my second inter club, this time in my own gym.

I got weighted in at 55.2kg around 12 o'clock and then I had to wait for 8 hours to fight. There were tons of kids and youth fight, it was endless. I did not know when my fight was until late afternoon, and end up fighting at the next to last match. I got seriously bored waiting, but at least I was relaxed throughout the day.

I didn't know whom I was going to fight until the very last minute. I was worried but not anxious that my opponent would be bigger, taller or anyway better prepared or skilled than me, but it was a fair match.
He was probably younger than me, and it was his first inter club. We were equally skilled, and I think he had my same weaknesses. I even realised that, but did not take advantage of it. I should have been more mobile and just a bit more aggressive.

Few of the guys from my gym assisted me in the warm up, and although they had been preparing me well, I didn't do them justice. I was too stiff on my feet, didn't kick enough, didn't angle off and didn't do any combo. I feel bad for not do what we practiced.

On the bright side, I felt better on the right. I felt more confident. I had more stamina, and I didn't feel like I was gonna die because I couldn't breath. I had loosen the bodyguard a bit, brought my asthma inhaler and I think the hard training paid off well. However, I felt the tiredness, even though I could push more I didn't.

Overall I felt better, but I haven't done [much] better from last time, in spite of the fact that I really could have.


No comments:

Post a Comment