Wednesday 13 March 2013

Two Weeks to My Second Fight

I'm now less than two weeks away from my next inter-club fight. Is, as the first one, a soft-core non-decision encounter. I have no idea who I will be matched with until that very day.

In the mean time I kept going 3 times a week to the gym and focus mostly on my stamina, as in the first inter-club I was shatter at the end of the second round. I couldn't breath and I felt horribly to the point I was about to give up. Hopefully this time won't happen.

I had given the most I could in term of endurance and power at every training session. I had done the skipping at a fast pace and done all the sprinting. I also used the mouthguard while skipping to get used on breathing with that on. It seems like my stamina went up a bit, but I know that on the ring is a completely different story. During pad work I used all the strength I could so that I would make the most of it. I bought an inhaler for my asthma just in case I have that bad feeling again during the fight.

The other thing I looked upon was my weight. For some reason I thought that my weight was about 55-56kg, but at the inter-club I was weighting 57kg. I was shocked. I cannot risk to fight in a higher category as I am only 165cm taller, therefore if I get matched with heavier contender I will likely end up fighting someone taller, meaning I will have a reach disadvantage.
So, I started to eat lean food, I avoided red meat, had a lot of fish and nuts, and yogurt. I haven't been eating any junk food, and I swear I have a craving for it. I hope I can keep my weight down, but so far the changes were so minimals that I cannot tell whether I am loosing weight or not. Yet again is just been about a week. I aim to get at 55kg again.

There were other things I had to focus during my training, such as clinch. Unfortunately I could not go to the clinch class, and I didn't practiced as much as I should have, but hopefully confidence and stamina will make up for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment